I'll admit it...

I'll admit it, as an artist, I have an editing problem. My mind is always telling me that while I hatch up ideas for future projects,that I should keep things simple and not over embellish. But while I create, something else entirely seems to happen...I get carried away adding this and that and end up with a mish mash of elements. Lately I've come to terms with realizing that that's just the way I create. I like combining materials like paper, fabric and resin and for the fun of it, throw in some wood, wire and burlap. Why not, I say. Sure, keeping things simple has it's merits,but if your muse is leading down that dark side...I say give it a go.


"Long ago God drew a circle in the sand exactly around the spot where you are standing right now. You were never not coming here. This was never not going to happen.” — Elizabeth Gilbert

Here's to making every minute count,

Comments

Cyndi J said…
That's why it's called mixed media. And you are the queen of it!
Ana K. said…
I love all those layers and textures…please keep doing this. I am really curious what is in your photo, I would like to see whole project...please. Best wishes from Slovenia
Gaby Bee said…
I would love to be a fly on the wall when you are creating, Cat:)
I'm looking forward to seeing the whole project.

Gaby xo

Popular Posts