Birdy Talk



While creating,  these two happy little winged friends,began chatting about this and about that.
They each expressed strong opinions on how little Birdy's should spend each waking moment...one birdy quietly whispered... "if we are true to who we are,our heart will not lead us astray". The other little birdy shouted, and with his wing flapping said..."Dare,...despite the fear, dream and dream big"!!
Personally...I think they both offered good advice.

Be True to yourself
&
Dare to Dream
said the little birdy's.

I first covered the birdy's body and wing in book text.

I glued the stand to the base...


and when dry I added some distress ink with a bristle brush.


Next I added all sorts of findings to the bottom like paper flowers,fun mushrooms,coconut fibers and a frame charm that I embellished with paper and rhinestones.


Then I glued on the wing as well as tea stained cheese cloth and a button.



I added German glitter to the crowns and the tail of the birdys.



I then added rub on words and text...


and because something was missing I added black polka dot card stock to the stem.


I finished them off by adding a liquid dot eye, stitching on a fabric trim and sweet butterfly buttons!


Retro Cafe items used in this tutorial


"Long ago God drew a circle in the sand exactly around the spot where you are standing right now. You were never not coming here. This was never not going to happen.” — Elizabeth Gilbert

Here's to making every minute count,

Comments

Anonymous said…
Pretty sweet tweets. xox
These are so delightful Cat! Great step-outs, and I love that the birds were chatting!!! Fabulous! xoxo
Thank you for this sweeeet tutorial!
You're the best!
Cheers from central California
Teresa
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/
Unknown said…
Just love all your work ❤️❤️❤️

Popular Posts