Derby Car Collaboration

Amazing artist and friend,Tina Walker recently asked if anyone would be interested in doing a Derby Car makeover...I just thought it was a wonderful fun new idea so I jumped at the chance. 

When I was 17, I spent the summer as a camp counselor in upstate New York.I was part of the "design team" for the camp and one of tasks we had to accomplish, was to make a Batman Car out of the cafeteria salad bar....heehee...yes, it was quite a challenge,but tons and tons of fun.My Derby car is inspired by that Batman car...smooth and slick and ready to roll.


I first painted the car this yummy Seaglass color.My original plan was to use the rectangle piece,but later decided against it.


I then covered it in sparkly black and glitter cardstock...


Then using a circle punch I cut out some circles and added some embossing powder design and rub ons...



Next I used some Dylusions Sprays to create a vibrant sunrise color and cut out more circles and stars and glued them on to my design. I also added text and dimensional dots.


Lastly, I cut out some wings,glues them on and assembled the car.



Here's a peak at some of the other amazing cars...What a fun collaboration!! 






"Long ago God drew a circle in the sand exactly around the spot where you are standing right now. You were never not coming here. This was never not going to happen.” — Elizabeth Gilbert

Here's to making every minute count,

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love your car and that teal and orange color combo! :)
katie said…
Oooh, I love the colors and everything else about it!
Tina said…
Such a fantastic color combination Cat! I love the embossing and wings! It looks like it ready to fly! Thanks for playing along! ♥
Anonymous said…
Absolutely wonderful car! I loved Batman as a kid...........love your take on the car!!!
Anonymous said…
So fun. We remember building that derby car for boy scouts, a great project in any size. xox
How fun to have created cars from goodies from the salad bar at camp. I love your girly batman inspired car - with polka dots, teal and flowers and wings... your imagination is ready to fly! So Fabulous and FUN!

Popular Posts