A brand new start.

2015 has been about loss,...and love. Gratitude and appreciation. Patience and prayer. Friendship and Growth. Family and Commitments.  It has been an ever evolving year, a year of transformation and continued rebirth and with each passing day the light I see becomes clearer and brighter and warmer. It's a process, I get that now,like a brick to the head,I get it.  


(this is my new mug from Kecia. It reads "Blessed" on the other side,but it was the angel that first caught my eye,I call her my Momma angel)


Every year I pick a word or a phrase that helps me to stay focused,helps me to find my way. And when I pick it,I put that word/phrase everywhere. On my fridge,in my car,in my wallet,in my art room...it's everywhere. 

My phrase for 2016 is .."Still Becoming"...
and I want to see it everywhere,so the first thing to change was my website banner and I used some delicious stamps from Viva Las Vegas Stamps.

I first stamped the images on to white card stock and then took pictures of each one.


I uploaded each image to Photoshop...


I then used the Magic Extractor tool to remove everything but the black image.


I then saved the files as Png's


and headed to the photo editing program Pic Monkey and created assorted banners in the Design Tool.


I ended up with one below and I really love the way it came out! 
I turned the banner into a Png File. You can see how it looks on my website here.

It's been so very long since I've scrapbooked,but lately,the urge to give it another try was a strong one. And I'm so glad it because Scrapbooking really isn't what it used to be. It's now full of texture and dimension and paint and so much more. Below I used a Flower stencil from Stencilgirl products and the wonderful butterfly Cut Outs from Retro Cafe Art. I added texture paste,color and just I LOVE the way it came out!  



Plus there are many new projects(both personal and art life)I have planned for 2016. 

In my heart I feel open to what ever comes.
I am willing to do the work.
I am ready for all the lessons. 

Open
willing
ready.
2016 here I come.



"Long ago God drew a circle in the sand exactly around the spot where you are standing right now. You were never not coming here. This was never not going to happen.” — Elizabeth Gilbert

Here's to making every minute count,


Comments

Kim Mailhot said…
Here's to it! Love to you, amazing creative loving heart! ❤️❤️
Anonymous said…
Love your new look and the great news about Relics and Artifacts. Your heart shows through in every piece. Loss is part of so much, remember Mom is watching you all. xox
Anonymous said…
Cat
Such a meaningful post especially your "Momma Angel".
I love the concept of selecting a word/phrase, ensuring it is always on you or within sight.
Wishing only good times to come your way in 2016 and may there be an abundance of art adventures awaiting you!
Lynne
Lupe Meter said…
Love your post!! Awesome new banner and such a great outlook for the New Year!! You are such an inspiration, sweet lady! I have to pick a word or phrase for myself this year. Wishing you much success this year in your endeavors! I am excited to participate in the Jewelry Art Adventure this year. It was a toss for the Polymer Clay Adventure but I would love to do more mixed media stuff with my polymer clay creations. So, I picked the Jewelry Art one and I am tickled to see you on the list of instructors. Save a kit for me if you can! :) Hugs, sweet friend!
kj said…
your blog's looking enticing, cat. i'm glad to be stopping by.

happy happy happy new year. i'm predicting it will be a good good good year!

love
kj
Susan said…
Cat,
Here's to another year on the journey with all the blessings and struggles to be grateful for. You're such a beautiful light and touch so many people. God Bless. xo
Susan

Popular Posts