I do believe in Fairies. I do,I do.



That's my favorite line in the Peter Pan story. It makes me happy just saying it! These little Fairy homes were inspired by the line in the book...
because
we all need to believe, right? 

First I drilled a hole in every other scallop of the Fancy pedestal top.Then I took how ever many pieces of 18 gauge blackened steel wire I needed and created a loop on every end. I then fed each wire through the holes collecting them at the top. I next took a piece of 24 gauge wire and wrapped it around the top.I trimmed the excess wire and created little curly Q's on the top. I then glued the top to the base using wood glue.


I then spray painted the entire cage 


and then added multiple layers of glitter to the cage part...


and distressed the base...


and added a little fairy with flowers,crochet trim,seed beads, mushrooms and moss to the inside of the cage...


and finished the base with some rub ons and black Dresden Trim.





Retro Cafe Items used in this tutorial:

"Long ago God drew a circle in the sand exactly around the spot where you are standing right now. You were never not coming here. This was never not going to happen.” — Elizabeth Gilbert

Here's to making every minute count,

Comments

Amazing fairies. I love them all but the last one with the fan is my favorite.
This is such a stunning project Cat! So creative and delightful!!!
Unknown said…
Cat your creativity knows know bounds
These are adorable
peggy gatto said…
Pure delight and beautifully crafted, BRAVO
Anonymous said…
Positively charming and brimming with sweetness.
Wouldn't we all like to dwell in such a pretty, glittery cage!
Wishes
Lynne
Anonymous said…
So you Cat. xox
Carol said…
These are just so whimsical and fun, I love them! Thanks for the tutorial.
xo, Carol
These are enchanting! I was very interested in fairies as a little girl so I would have really appreciated these!
Chloe said…
May I believe in your fairies too? :) They are so kind and beautiful. I feel their magic power.
Michelle Gray said…
I adore your whimsical style! Thanks so much for the how-to! Of course I pinned this post.

Popular Posts