I am over the moon excited to doing my first ever "Live with Prima" event going on today at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/primaflower.
Hope you can join me at 2pm for this free 1 hour workshop
where I will create "Birdman"
Setting limitations on himself,Birdman, confined to a cage of his own making, would sit and stare every day at the beautiful bird as she sings her lovely song. Until one day she turns to look at him "Why are you in that cage?" she asks. "Don’t you know that no cage can keep you from your destiny?" But, I’m afraid and I feel safe in the cage" whispered Birdman. "And so was I when I lived in the cage" said the bird, "until one day another bird told me that we all have seeds inside of us, seeds that grow our true wings and they will grow to be so big that that no cage can hold us. It's going to happen no matter what. It's our destiny. And no bars, no walls, no words can stop us. So now that you know this, what are you going to Birdman?"
Step by Step Tutorial
Materials needed for the class:
Prima Material List:
Relics and Artifacts Visage # 941642
Relics and artifacts Milagros # 941581
Wooden Tray Set # 941772
Dresden Gold Trim # 942441
Wire Thread Dusty # 572044
Micro Beads #962586
12 x 12 Vintage Emporium #584344
Tiny Alpha Stickers Engraver #563240
Adhesive Rub-ons # 971281
Rub on Foil Sheet # 585600
Ephemera # 583620
Color Bloom Gold Foil #573805
Memory Hardware Artisan Powder #991210
Avon Rose Pixie Glen # 552466
Garden Fable Cling Stamp #579135
Art Alchemy Opal Magic Blue Gold Paint # 963675
Other materials needed:
Hot Glue Gun
Foam pop up adhesives
Double sided adhesive sheet
This class will go as follows:
I will create the components first,then work on the shadowbox,then assemble and put everything together.
- Add Black artisan powder to the both Relics and Artifacts pieces with a dry brush and wipe away. Spray Gold Foil Color Bloom on it and let dry. Then stamp on image from Garden Fable Cling Stamp using stayzon ink and and then paint on some Opal Magic blue Gold Paint and put aside.
- Cut and paint ruler with Opal Magic Paint. Add Black ink to the edges.
- Assemble the ephemera pieces and put aside.
- Spray paint the shadowbox black. Start on the shadowbox background. Cut a piece of cardstock to fit the opening. Glue on additional paper for texture. Ink the edges. Add some rub on with metallic foil and lastly splatter black paint. Glue it into place. Then cover the rest of the shadowbox in card stock strips. Ink all the edges. Add Dresden trim to three of the edges. Glue on the ruler.
- Glue in the bird. Add a layer(from bottom to top) of crochet trim,wire thread,corrugated cardboard,and ephemera pack. Add cardboard for height if desired. Glue in the hand,crown,coconut fibers and flowers.
- Glue in the face. Create a cage using the wire thread(be careful it's sharp).Glue the cage into place and add micro beads. Add the ephemera pack above the face using foam dots.
- Glue on Crochet trim to the ruler and sprinkle with Micro beads. Add the two outer ephemera packs and finish off with rhinestone stickers.
- Lastly add “Birdman” on the ruler.
As promised in the Live with Prima class I'm giving away this piece(stand not included) as well as a mini fridge magnet.So if you're interested,be sure to sign up for my newsletter(on the sidebar)where I share tutorials,upcoming workshops and events... and make sure you leave me a comment below. I will pick two winners on Friday the 6th!!
Thank you again for watching and visiting me today!
"Long ago God drew a circle in the sand exactly around the spot where you are standing right now. You were never not coming here. This was never not going to happen.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
Here's to making every minute count,