A Visit,New Ideas,and Resin Love with BSue!

I love it when my sissy Ingrid comes to town.We had fun visiting the folks,hanging with my brother and playing with the kids...but my favorite time with Sissy was the day we strolled around in Downtown Melbourne...We visited some lovely stores and ate the most amazing lunch at "The 905 Cafe"

Just look at this delicious Brie,sliced apples and Walnuts on toasted wheat..Yum Yum..just melted in my mouth...


We also visited this really amazing shop named Creative Energy..they had a huge variety of healing stones..I immediately became attracted to Pyrite...
Pyrite:An excellent shield against negative energy,encourages and sustains the flawless ideal of health,physical emotional and intellectual levels and enhances memory and recall ...
and having no idea what to to do with I took it home anyway...
It ended up crumbling quite easily and so I created this new piece "Earth in the Night" with smaller chunks placed inside my handmade bezel covered in delicious ICEResin...
You can see the original chunks to the side of the pendant.



Sis also had a chance to show me a new knot technique called Shamballa which I instantly fell in love with..

I had picked up these super cool brass cut outs at BSue's and was completely lost on how to finish them,but this knot teqnique gave me the idea for the sides.I ended up using it with out the larger beads and hand stitched on some seed beads.

"Heart Burst" Etched Brass and Satin Rope


Lastly I squeezed in some more Resin play.Covering up this sweet BSue plate with paper,rub-on,glitter and Ice.


Thanks for visiting friends!!
Now go out there and spread those wings.


"Only as high as I reach can I grow

Only as far as I seek can I go

Only as deep as I look can I see

Only as much as I dream can I be"

— Karen Ravn

As always,
thank you so much for stopping by

Comments

Alice said…
I'm glad you were able to use the pyrite in the focal. It looks beautiful! In fact, all your pieces are just lovely.

Thanks for sharing the beautiful poem by Kare Ravn. This is not one I've heard before.
Prządka said…
Hello Cat,
I'm so glad I can read your new cheerful post about meeting with your sister:)
I am once again delighted with your new works. I like to watch them so much. And this new technique Shamballa is very interesting.
Big hugs, Małgosia
So glad you had fun with your Sis, Cat! I love your new resin pieces! I'm gonna have to get me some of that memory enhancing pyrite...it could really come in handy when...umm...when I...umm...what was I saying?
Gayle said…
Sounds like a great day! Don't you just love sisters!!
I just took a stroll through your Etsy shops, so much beauty!!
Katy Cameron said…
Looks like a fab time with your sis, and that sandwich looks yummy!
yoborobo said…
Hey Cat! Your jewelry is always so unique. I love the pyrite piece...it appeals to the geology nerd that lurks inside me. :) And that knot is really cool. What a nice sis, teaching you that! :) xox
Anonymous said…
Lunch with your sis in Melbourne looks great. Glad she taught you that knot. Love the work you are doing and your Ice Queen E zine work as well. xox Corrine
Cyndi J said…
Love the new pendant! And that knotting technique. Glad you had a good visit with family.
Cyndi
Lupe Meter said…
Love your new ideas, Cat! That knot looks very much like macrame. Looks easy enough to try. I will have to check that out. Love your new creations. I was wondering about that ICEResin...haven't tried it yet. Is is easy to use? Love the poem too!
Kim said…
I was racking my brain about what pyrite looks like then I scrolled down..duh, and realized I have a piece in my jewelry box. I think I might have a need for a block out of negative energy. Love what you did with it!
Diana said…
Ohhhh, time with our sisters is so very special. Glad you and your sis had some great time together to play. My sister came for a visit this past weekend and we had a blast. Love what you did with your nuggets of beautiful pyrite. Happy holidays to you and your lovely family.
Tootles
Diana

Popular Posts