Ornament Swap 2014

Last year I participated in my first ever Ornament swap with Art Sisters around the country.I received amazing treasures that I will cherish for years and years...and when it was all finished...I new I was going to have to do it again.

For this year's swap I new I wanted to use casting resin...and this is what I came up with.

When I spotted this candy bark mold I knew it would be perfect for what I had in mind.


I poured two equal parts of casting resin...


added some dots of black dye to part A and mixed it thoroughly...then I mixed together part A and B...


and poured it into the mold...



about 10 minutes later...these beauties popped out...


but they needed some color so I added Versa mark to the top and melted some embossing powder on the top...



To protect the surface I sealed the top with modge podge...


then added dots of white paint...


and next melted embossing powder to wood components,added the year and covered them in Clear Cast...


Lastly I added some wire and hung the green wood circles and ribbon.


I hope my Art Sisters like my 2014 Ornaments!!




"Long ago God drew a circle in the sand exactly around the spot where you are standing right now. You were never not coming here. This was never not going to happen.” — Elizabeth Gilbert

Here's to making every minute count,

Comments

Anonymous said…
These are completely adorable. Lucky swappers. xox
Cyndi J said…
How timely since I was just picking your brain about using the casting resin! These are gorgeous! Especially love the year tag and the twisted wire hanger. And how cool to see the ornament I gave you last year front and center. The one you gave me has been hanging on the china cabinet all year. See you soon!

Popular Posts